WOMEN’S WINE RIDE september 23, 2017
11:00 ride start, 12:30 picnic. Simsbury CT
Join us for a 1.5 hour rail trail ride and wine tasting. Meet at the rail trail entrance at Iron Horse Blvd/Drake Hill Road. After the ride we’ll meet back at the Flower Bridge and enjoy a picnic style wine tasting of local Connecticut wines and cheeses. $15.00 fee includes tasting, glass of wine and snacks! Parking available on Iron Horse Blvd. Advance registration required.
This bike ride is on the paved rail trail, the trail is primarily flat and away from traffic minus a few street crossings. All types of bike are welcome at this event.
Ride at your own pace. We structure this event to be inviting to all. We will all roll out together for a 1.5 hr ride. Ride as fast or as far as you like, but at 45 minutes we all turn around and head back.
We will be outside for the ride and for the picnic, so please dress appropriately for both. If the weather does not cooperate we will schedule a rain date.
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED! No questions or debates. No helmet = no ride with us.
NOTE: You don't have to pick up a ticket for the event, by registering you will be added to our list and we will see in Simsbury on the 23rd!
Event Waiver - By registering I agree to the following waiver.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the bicycle ride or other activity or event sponsored by Bikes-Plus LLC dba Newington Bicycle described below (a "Bicycling Activity" or "Activity") I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and nest of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the risks involved in participating in Bicycling Activity and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I further acknowledge that the Activity will be conducted over public roads and facilities open to the public during the Activity and upon which the hazards of traveling are expected. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe that conditions are to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT: (A) THE ACT OF PARTICIPATING IN BICYCLING EVENTS AND, SPECIFICALLY, THE ACTIVITY, INVOLVED RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY< INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH ("RISKS"); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions, or inactions or by the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE NOT TO SUE BIKES-PLUS LLC, the directors and officers of this entity (including but not limited to any persons involved in organizing and promoting any Activity), the foregoing entity's agents, volunteers, club members, other participants, any other sponsors, advertisers, promoters and if applicable, owners and lessors of any premise on which the Activity takes place (each considered one of the "RELEASEES" herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES INCURRED AS THE RESULT OF MY PARTICIPATION IN BICYCLING ACTIVITY (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGE CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" OR OTHERWISE), AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any of the Releasees may incur as the results of such claim.
4. HEREBY AGREE to wear a helmet and to refrain from wearing headphones or earphones when participating in any Newington Bicycle ride.
5. HEREBY AGREE that I am responsible for following all traffic laws and agree to follow all traffic laws.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENTS OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY RELATING TO THE BICYCLING ACTIVITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE OR IT, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.